Monday, July 16, 2012

Chaotic

As I write this, I have less than 6 hours before a cab picks me up to bring me to the airport.  I'm going on a trip to visit my family.  There's still so much I have to do!  Here's a quick update on what's been going on.

Salmon dinner was a flop.  Threw that out and made the monte cristo crescent sandwiches again.



I made this ranch potato dinner recipe (below)...yummy.  I used sour cream instead of mayo and the consistency of the sauce isn't all that appealing, but it tasted good.  Didn't have corn flakes for the top, so I dug out a cup or two from the Raisin Bran box.  :)  Recipe also called for 5 red potatoes, but they had huge gashes in them at Kroger.  I opted for a small package of baby red potatoes and it worked out just fine.



Ranch Potatoes

5 red potatoes
Butter or cooking spray
2 packages Hidden Valley Ranch buttermilk ranch (ingredients needed milk and mayo or sour cream)
8 oz. Cheddar cheese
2 cups Corn Flakes
2 tablespoons butter

Make ahead: 2 packages Hidden Valley Ranch buttermilk ranch, follow directions.

Boil and drain potatoes.  Put on low heat for 5 minutes to remove water. Cool in 9 x 13 pan.
Butter pan, cube but don't peel the potatoes.  Pour dressing over potatoes.  Sprinkle with 8oz. cheddar cheese.  Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter.  Combine melted butter with 2 cups Corn Flakes.  Spread over potatoes.
Bake for an additional 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment