Wednesday, November 7, 2012

September Wedding

I had the honor of being in my best friend's wedding as her only actual bridesmaid.  She had three other men stand with her.  What do you call them?  Bridesmen?

I had seen a pin for a bow necklace prior to her wedding and thought how cute it would be to try to create it to fit in with all the men wearing bow ties at the wedding.  I went to Michael's for the supplies and didn't find the shiny kind of leather.  It ended up being more felty-like.  With practice, I could have probably got the bow shape to work better but I (of course) did this last minute.  First image is me with big hair all ready to go and then the finished bow necklace (never mind the kitty claw holes in my table top).


The view from my friend's suite.  Hello Baltimore!

The wedding was beautiful and I'm so happy for my friend and her spouse!  I didn't dance enough because I wasn't sore the day after!  This was the first time I had the honor of being in a wedding.  I was in mine of course, but we just got married at the courthouse.  I was supposed to be in another best friends' wedding several years ago but could not afford plane tickets as she was to be married on New Years.  How many weddings have you been in?



1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely wedding. I loved the best arrangements here. The floral décor is looking wonderful. Want to have an awesome themed wedding at one of event venues Chicago and will hire experienced wedding planner for the day.

    ReplyDelete