Sunday, November 25, 2012

Bug Juice?

When I went to Wisconsin in July to visit my family, I tried out my dad's juicer.  He asked me if I wanted one.  Hell yeah!  It arrived about two weeks ago and sat in the box for a week.  My husband was going on a run for his energy drinks so I asked him to pick up a few things that were on my list, which included "fruits and veggies."  He came back with oranges, apples and bananas.  He kind of missed the veggies.  The oranges didn't look good so I figured I'd try making some fresh orange juice.  The pitcher filled is about 10 large oranges (they had color added, that's why it's pink).  It tasted good fresh-squeezed but sadly the next morning it was clear the oranges were no good or perhaps one should not make so much at once?  Maybe fresh-juiced OJ goes bad quickly?

I should also mention the Bug-a-salt arrived last month!  We haven't had flies lately so we haven't had the chance to test it out.  It's hard for me to cock the gun, takes all my might, so I'll have to practice for fly season next year!

*Update 11/30/12:  I shot my first fly yesterday!  I got it on my very first shot too!  No maggots, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment