Thursday, June 14, 2012

Crafty

I took Eric to that far away base again today and was able to browse around a couple stores and not buy anything...until I made it to Michael's again.  I went back with a list of things I needed for certain projects I wanted to try.  Mostly projects that include making jewelry to match my bridesmaid dress and my friend's wedding colors.  I am going to attempt to make a ribbon bracelet (may turn it into a necklace), a corded necklace (that is much like the friendship bracelets I used to make when I was a kid), and this cute bowtie necklace.  I also picked up a $2 clearance box that I can use for photo storage (or something else).  I was disappointed when I came home and found these upcycled cardboard boxes on Pinterest.  Oh well, $2.  Will  have to remember to upcycle boxes like that in the future!

So here's what I've bought from Michael's this week.  I have got so many more creative ideas pinned on pinterest, but this stuff should last me a while!  I bought the 4 tshirts (the royal blue one is missing...can you tell my favorite color is blue?).  I plan on doing some tutorials I found to gather fabric at the neckline and at the sides to make these large tshirts fitted and more my style.  I am also going to learn how to knit, with the ultimate goal of being able to knit several things: scarf, blanket, sweater, slippers, long fingerless gloves, and a winter hat.  Gotta get working on those bracelets and necklace sooner than later.  I also bought one bottle of airbrush paint.

About two years ago, my father bought me an airbrush because the one I had used while in high school no longer worked, and because he wanted me to be able to make money at street fairs and festivals in Wisconsin by doing these types of airbrushing, lol!  I never got the new one to work properly, couldn't even get water to run through it.  Hopefully the hubby can help me get it working, because I am inspired again to create all sorts of art.

I know I didn't do too well with meals today.  It was mostly grab and go...pinterest, again.  I also had to clean up the living and dining areas because the AC is broken again.  Can't have maintenance see the state the living area was in...that is, hubby came home from work and dumped his bag out on the floor.  Clothes, papers and miscellaneous stuff he had in his locker on the ship, all over the floor.  It had also been a while since I dusted and swept.  I would love to do a good thorough cleaning job on the whole apartment and then stick to a daily cleaning schedule...I just have to get caught up on the homework before I can do that, or before I can start any of these craft projects!


Daily Consumption

Servings of grains:  1
Servings of meats:  2
Servings of dairy:  3
Servings of fruit:  <1
Servings of vegetables: 2-3

(Red = Bad, Need to Improve!  Pink/purple = OK, Room for Improvement  Green = Good!)

Cups of Water (5 cups) :   4
Total Calorie Intake (1000-1500):   1125
Total Fat Intake (<30% of TCI):  33g  about 2.9% of TCI
Total Carbohydrates (125-230g):  187.5g
Total Carbs from Sugars (<40g):  92.5g
Total Carbs from Dietary Fiber (20-35g):  18g
Total Cholesterol (<300mg):  49mg
Total Protein (44-60g):  53.5g
Total Sodium (<1,100mg):  2313mg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Breakfast:  Ensure - 350 calories, 11g fat, 10mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 49g carbohydrates, 1g dietary fiber, 18g sugar, 13g protein
Snack:  1/2 cup beans - 170 calories, .5g fat, 480mg sodium, 35g carbohydrates, 6g fiber, 15g sugar, 7g protein
Lunch:  2 cups of spinach salad (cheese, croutons, blackberries, bacon bits) - 163.5 calories, 15.5g fat, 24.5mg carbohydrates, 10.5g sugar, 5g dietary fiber, 35mg cholesterol, 13.5g protein, 828mg sodium
Snack:  Three petite sweet pickles - 20 calories, 5mg carbohydrates, 4g sugar, 85mg sodium
Dinner:   1/2 cup beans - 170 calories, .5g fat, 480mg sodium, 35g carbohydrates, 6g fiber, 15g sugar, 7g protein
Snack:  Carnation with a cup of 2% milk - 250 calories, 5.5g fat, 39mg carbohydrates, 30g sugar, 4mg cholesterol, 13g protein, 210mg sodium

No comments:

Post a Comment