Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Too Thymey

A couple days ago, I had joined the Atkins community to get some healthy recipes and got a free quick start kit for joining.  It came in the mail today.  I tried out the caramel nut chew bar...it's exactly like a snickers!  I want more!  It only has 1g of sugar!  I  noticed that I really need to cut back on my sugar intake.  My usual carnation breakfast has 30g of sugar...that's 75% of my daily intake right there!  Sadly, I should really try to cut carnation out of my diet completely.  That's hard for me, as I've been drinking the stuff for over 5 years almost every day for breakfast.  I also need to not buy those fruit flavored yogurts for smoothies...too much sugar, 26g sugar...over half my daily intake right there!

I recently signed up for the MyFitnessPal website.  It has a food diary that I am hoping I can utilize and it will make calculating all this nutritional information a little bit easier.  It also has an exercise calculator, which I am hoping will help me get my butt moving because I need the exercise.  I especially need to build muscle.  I am no where near as in shape as I was a couple years ago.  I want to get in on that zumba class that is on Thursdays but I guess it will have to wait another week.  I am going to drive the hubby to work again tomorrow as he has to go to that base that is far away.  It's nice to get out of the house and I have a few more crafty things I want to shop for at Michael's.

I am pretty disappointed with how I spent most of my day today.  I did change the catbox, take out the garbage, unload/load the dishwasher, and make dinner, but aside from those few things, I've pretty much been on the computer all day.  I've been spending a  lot of my time these past few months promoting and helping members in the ForgiveStudentLoanDebt.com group on FB.  A petition that was started just 3 months ago in support of H.R.4170 - Student Loan Forgiveness Act of 2012 surpassed one million signatures late last night.  There was an influx of new members asking to join the group so I spent a lot of time this morning adding members, bumping important posts and answering questions.  The rest of my day was spent calculating past days' nutritional intake, but mostly on Pinterest and a random tutorial generator.  I should have been catching up on homework for my online javascript class.  I fell behind on the weekly homework assignments while I had my gallbladder removed a month ago.  I get two problems, usually having to create some sort of mock website for each.  It ends up taking me anywhere from 4-10 hours to complete.  I've been working on last week's homework but I still need to finish this week's homework by Sunday or I'll still be a week behind.  I really need to devote one entire day to just doing homework to catch up.  Could have happened today, but it didn't, sadly.  Won't happen tomorrow, but hopefully I can force myself to at least do a few hours when I get back from my day-long adventure out in Virginia Beach.   Really need to get my butt in gear though!  There is so much I want to do and need to get done, but I waste so much time online!  Damn you Pinterest!

For dinner, I attempted this oven crisp chicken recipe.  Mine didn't turn out so well.  I used a ranch vinaigrette dressing that I had at home already and the cracker crumbs just didn't stick to the chicken very well.  Most of the crumbs fell off while it was in the oven.  Also, I checked the chicken after 25 minutes and the tips were starting to burn.  I stuck my meat thermometer in one of the breasts and it only reached 130 degrees.  I put the chicken back in for 5 minutes and checked the temperature again and it was the same.  Maybe I need a new meat thermometer, but isn't chicken supposed to get up to 165 or so?  I cut one of them open and it looked thoroughly cooked.  It wasn't too bad, but it was too thymey, I accidentally spilled a bit extra in the cracker crumbs.  It was edible though.  May try it again with real ranch dressing and different crackers.


Daily Consumption

Servings of grains:  1-2
Servings of meats:  2
Servings of dairy:  1
Servings of fruit:  2
Servings of vegetables:  1

(Red = Bad, Need to Improve!  Pink/purple = OK, Room for Improvement  Green = Good!)


Cups of Water (5 cups) :   4
Total Calorie Intake (1000-1500):   1003
Total Fat Intake (<30% of TCI):  30g  about 3% of daily caloric intake
Total Carbs from Sugars (<40g):  80g
Total Carbs from Dietary Fiber (20-35g):  14.5g
Total Cholesterol (<300mg):  92mg
Total Protein (44-60g):  48.5g
Total Sodium (<1,100mg):  1369.5mg
Total Carbohydrates (125-230g):  155g 


Breakfast: Banana, berry smoothie - 333 calories, 2g fat, 74g carbohydrates, 9g fiber, 49g sugar, 10mg cholesterol, 7.5g protein, 87mg sodium
Lunch: Spinach salad - 80 calories, 6g fat, 11g carbohydrates, 4g sugar, 2g dietary fiber, 15mg cholesterol, 5g protein, 410mg sodium
Snack: Atkins Caramel Nut Chew Bar - 130 calories, 8g fat, 4.5mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 17g carbohydrates, 6g dietary fiber, 1g sugar, 5g protein
Dinner: Chicken breast, beans - 365 calories, 7.5g fat, 41.5g carbohydrates, 17.5g sugar, 6g fiber, 60mg cholesterol, 29.5g protein, 795mg sodium
Snack: 2 pieces orange chocolate - 95 Calories, 6.5g Fat, 2.5mg Cholesterol, 7.5mg Sodium, 11.5g Carbohydrates, <1g dietary fiber, 8.5g Sugar, 1.5g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment