Monday, June 4, 2012

No Veggies

Instead of carnation for breakfast this morning, I opted to make a smoothie instead.  It feels weird going a whole day without having chocolate milk.

Surprisingly, my husband ate the last of the spaghetti last night.  Meatballs included!  So I was able to have something else for lunch and dinner besides leftovers.  I had planned on making the whole wheat couscous with nectarines and pistachios for lunch.  The nectarines were bad already.  That's one thing I hate about buying fruit and vegetables.  A few days later and they're spoiled.  I need to look up how to store them correctly to get the most life out of them.  I hate wasting food.  In place of the nectarines, I tried apples.  Not too bad.  This isn't the tastiest meal, but it's okay.

I took out some frozen chicken breasts to thaw overnight.  I'm thinking of making the easy chicken pot pie recipe I posted a few entries back for dinner tomorrow night.  I need to cook the asparagus tomorrow for lunch before they go bad.

3 servings grains
3 servings fruit
Unless the pizza sauce and cucumbers count, I didn't consume any veggies!
3 servings dairy
Less than 1 serving nuts

I did good on fruits, but the rest is not good.  I really need to plan meals better!  Need to try to get a full spectrum of the recommended servings based on the food pyramid.  I will probably go shopping on Thursday so I need to start rounding up the next batch of recipes to try.

Daily Consumption


Cups of Water (5 cups) :   5

Total Calorie Intake (1000-1500):  1473

Total Fat Intake (<30% of TCI):   66.5g  4.5% of total calorie intake.

Total Carbohydrates (125-175mg):  212.5mg   A bit high today!

Total Carbs from Sugars (<40g):  99g   High again today!

Total Carbs from Dietary Fiber (20-35g):  24.5g  Great!

Total Cholesterol (<300mg):  38.75mg

Total Protein (44-60g):  30g  A bit low

Total Sodium (<1,100mg):  1072.5  Nice to see it within range!

. . .

Breakfast:  Smoothie (1/2 cup raspberries, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 banana, 1/4 cup orange juice, 1 cup raspberry yogurt) - 357 calories, 2g fat, 79.5g carbohydrates, 52g sugars, 10g dietary fiber, 10mg cholesterol, 7g protein, 91.5mg sodium
Snack: 1 slice banana bread, with butter spread - 292 calories, 11g fat, 45g carbohydrates, 17g sugar, 5g dietary fiber, 5mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium
Lunch:  1 cup whole wheat couscous with pistachios and apples -422 calories, 35.5g fat, 34mg carbohydrates, 1g sugar, 2.5g dietary fiber, 7g protein, 80mg sodium
Snack:  3 pieces orange chocolate - 142 calories, 10g fat, 17g carbohydrates, 13g sugar, .75g dietary fiber, 3.75mg cholesterol, 2g protein, 11mg sodium
Dinner:  Bagel pizzas (pizza sauce, cheese on flat bagel) - 220 calories, 8g fat, 27g carbohydrates, 8g sugars, 6g dietary fiber, 20mg cholesterol, 14g protein, 630mg sodium
Snack:  Six petite sweet pickles - 40 calories, 10g carbohydrates, 8g sugar, 170mg sodium

No comments:

Post a Comment