Sunday, June 3, 2012

Uh Oh Spaghettios!

I had leftover spaghetti for lunch and dinner today.  There is still quite a bit left.  I thought I would have to eat the last of it for lunch and dinner again tomorrow because my husband won't eat the meatballs.  Apparently he won't eat any ground meat.  Before I even bought groceries and committed to cooking real food, I asked him if there was anything he wouldn't eat and he said he would eat anything.  He had a can of beans for lunch but now I see he just heated up the bowl of spaghetti.  Hopefully he'll eat most of it so I can cook something else tomorrow.

I saw on Pinterest someone pinned something about freezer cooking.  Where you prepare/cook a months worth of food in one day and freeze the rest for easy meals later.  It's an idea I should consider.  Since my husband seems to want the easy and quick meals he is used to (canned beans and junk food) and not the meals I cook, I could freezer cook single servings of foods for me.  I will have to look into it more.  Seems it would take a lot of planning, but it'd be worth it.  I hate wasting food and most of the time you can only purchase things in certain sizes or bundles that are too large for just one person who only eats a single serving per meal.

I've been having carnation instant breakfast for breakfast every day for many years now...probably going on something like 10 years, so this will be a hard habit for me to break.  I realize I could easily replace carnation with a smoothie and actually get some of my servings of fruit in, instead of going days without the much needed vitamins we get from fruit.


I found this great meal schedule that I should try.  I would more likely work out before lunch, so it would need a little tweaking.  I found a different gym on a different (closer) base that offers zumba classes at 11:30am on Thursdays.  I should definitely get my butt in gear and try it out this week!
So to tweak this a bit, I would have to do the pre-workout snack before going to the gym.  Since I would get done with zumba around lunch time, perhaps have a post-workout smoothie with lunch afterwards.  Here's what my schedule would look like:

Breakfast 6:00am
Snack 8:30am
Pre-workout 10:30am
Post workout smoothie with Lunch about 1:00pm
Snack 3:30pm
Dinner 6:30pm
Late Snack no later than 9:00pm


Some things I need to work on in my diet

My diet needs to be more balanced - I usually have no problems consuming enough servings of dairies!
EAT FRUIT!  If I don't eat it, I should at least drink it!  A smoothie a day!
Eat more veggies!
Watch my carbohydrates
Consume less sodium and sugars - been going waay overboard on sodium!
More fiber...maybe actually use the Bene-fiber I have sitting in my hallway closet!

(BTW, Red means I need to work on it or I'm over the RDA.  Orange means I'm slightly over.  Pink/purple means I did good!)

Daily Consumption


Cups of Water (5 cups), :  4.5

Total Calorie Intake (1000-1500):  1530   I guess this is just slightly high considering I was pretty sedentary today.

Total Fat Intake (<30% of TCI):  43g   2-3% of TCI, good!

Total Carbohydrates (125-175mg):  236.5mg   That's 61.5 over.  Probably due to having to eat spaghetti for both lunch and dinner! 

Total Carbs from Sugars (<40g):  87.5g  High again!

Total Carbs from Dietary Fiber (20-35g):  12.75g  A little low again...Bene-fiber!

Total Cholesterol (<300mg):  57mg

Total Protein (44-60g):  48g

Total Sodium (<1,100mg):  2011mg!  WAAAY over again!

. . .

Breakfast:  1 cup of 2% milk with carnation - 250 calories, 5.5g fat, 39g carbohydrates, 30g sugar, 4mg cholesterol, 13g protein, 210mg sodium
Snack: 1 slice banana bread, with butter spread - 292 calories, 11g fat, 45g carbohydrates, 17g sugar, 5g dietary fiber, 5mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium
Lunch:  Spaghetti (angel hair pasta, one meatball, parmesan cheese in tomato sauce) - 373 calories, 6.5g fat,  60.5g carbohydrates, 7.5g sugar, 3.5g dietary fiber, 16mg cholesterol, 15g protein, 850mg sodium
Snack:  Raspberry fudge chunk greek frozen yogurt - 100 calories, 3.5g fat, 14.5g carbohydrates, 12.5g sugars, 12.5mg cholesterol, 3g protein
Dinner:  Spaghetti - 373 calories, 6.5g fat,  60.5g carbohydrates, 7.5g sugar, 3.5g dietary fiber, 16mg cholesterol, 15g protein, 850mg sodium
Snack:  3 pieces orange chocolate - 142 calories, 10g fat, 17g carbohydrates, 13g sugar, .75g dietary fiber, 3.75mg cholesterol, 2g protein, 11mg sodium

No comments:

Post a Comment